Forum

Branching out to other Events  

RSS

Pomegranate519
(@pomegranate519)
18/04/2019 9:17 am  

Hi Fellow Master Builders,

I am a Lego artist based near Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I was looking for a way to make a new post but maybe I can't do that. My apologies if this should be somewhere else, but I figured I would get things started and figure out the where and how later.

I am involved with a Lego event taking place this August in Toronto (Bricks in the Six), and I will be at BrickWorld in Chicago in June. I was wondering how the events have gone so far and what kind of activities took place? What was the response? What kind of a presence did the WBI have?

I ask because I want to set up something for Toronto and possibly Chicago, but I want to see what has worked or been tried before forging ahead. I also would like to get clearance from the powers that be that it's cool if I organize something.

How was the workshop received? How many people showed up? 

I am wondering about having a way to highlight female builders on the MOC cards or something similar. Has anything like that been tried?

What ideas do you have that you would like to try at other events? What kind of feedback was there? And how do I get my hands on some of the custom WBI bricks for attendees?

Thanks,

Grace

Shelly Corbett
(@toypho5_shelly)
Member Admin
20/04/2019 1:37 pm  

Grace these are great questions. Let me get back to you with a detailed response after I talk with Alice and JacQ. Also we will be posting a detailed wrap-up of our last event. That should give your some visuals and ideas for your own event. 

ReplyQuote
Shelly Corbett
(@toypho5_shelly)
Member Admin
21/05/2019 3:47 pm  

How was the workshop received? How many people showed up? 

I am wondering about having a way to highlight female builders on the MOC cards or something similar. Has anything like that been tried?

What ideas do you have that you would like to try at other events? What kind of feedback was there? And how do I get my hands on some of the custom WBI bricks for attendees?

Grace

Let me see if I can answer these questions for you.

Nineteen women showed up and paid $25 a piece to play with us.

We had 2 x 2 round bricks printed with the WBI logo so in the future we can go around to MOC's created by women and place them on them or near them. Think a small discreet sign post. We did not have time to get this done at BricksCascade because the bricks came in at the last minute and honestly since this was our first time out, we had our hands full getting the workshop off successfully.

Other ideas we have are around creating a group MOC (sum of the parts type of idea), more brick building together, LEGO serious play workshop, better instructions around the photography area, create a game around photography with MOC's and social media. Really the sky is the limit on fun games and activities for the group. 

We sent out a survey after the event and we received a few responses back. The overall feeling was the event was a success. With all the smiling faces in our group photo, its hard not to think everyone had a great time. Because we had three different areas to play in, not everyone got to everything and of course not every activity appealed to everyone. Having Alice as part of the group is a natural selling point. 

We have 1 x 6 bricks and torsos for sale. If you would like to purchase some for your community Im sure we can arrange that. Drop me an email and I can send your photos of what we have with pricing. 

Thanks so much for your interest and helping to spread the WBI message of inclusiveness.

Shelly

ReplyQuote
Justin
(@justin)
11/09/2019 2:01 am  

Hi Pomegranate519
Glad to be acquainted with you. I'm a MOC brick lego lover and I'm also looking for a famous store to place a lego according to my wishes. 

I am also looking forward to learning from you.

dear Astrid

ReplyQuote
Share:

Comments are closed.